Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Off To The North Shore.

The weather in the Twin Cities this week makes it feel like we are all living in a giant steam room and the only places I can really be comfortable are in a pool, air conditioning or on my roofdeck at night - I happen to love warm, summer nights since we never really got them in Cali. I walked about a mile to do some errands earlier and was dripping sweat by the time I got home. Lovely.

So, I am very excited to be currently packing up and getting ready for 5 days on the North Shore of Lake Superior where it will be a very comfortable non-humid 75 and sunny. We are leaving in the morning and I am very much looking forward to a few days of total relaxation: a massage and spaaaah day with my friend LL at Waves of Superior, hot tubbing, bonfires, star gazing, s'mores, gossipping, reading, eating, drinking, rock throwing, sleeping as the waves hit the shore, alpine sliding, golfing, hiking, etc. that we get to do at least once a year at our friend's parent's cabin with about 10 of our BFFs and all our kiddies. So lucky to be able to go there - it's one of my favorite places in the world.

I'm also very excited to be working on an event up in Grand Marais called Unplugged X: The Northern Harvest coming up the weekend of September 15-18th when the fall colors will be spectacular. I plan to return to the North Shore for this weekend to experience lots of amazing live music at the benefit put on by Jon Vezner for the North House Folk School, where you can learn to: sail on Lake Superior, make your own ukulele, take guitar workshops, paint watercolors, build boats and all sorts of other fun things. It's really cool..I plan to check out the school while I'm up there this week and also visit a couple of restaurants in Grand Marais like the Angry Trout, Chez Jude and Crooked Spoon as well as the Bluefin Bay resort which I've never been to - LL and I will probably grab drinks there after our massages and day of relaxation at Waves of Superior because I'm pretty sure it's the law that you have to to have martinis after a massage. Can't wait. Stay cool and I'll have a full report next week when I'll be reporting live from Sausalito, CA for 3 weeks as we're headed back to the bay for Jeff's job next Tuesday. I'm a very lucky lady.

No comments:

Post a Comment