Friday, February 27, 2009

Things I Am Looking Forward To Tonight: Blackbird & Joel McHale.



Jeff is golfing in the Minneapolis Skyway Open tonight - a genius event where local architects and designers create a mini-golf course in the downtown Skyway system. I was intrigued and wanted to see what all the golf holes looked like last year, so I tried to watch Jeff and his team mates play but got bored after about 10 minutes. Then I called a fellow foodie friend and went to Porter & Frye where we shared a delicious bottle of Pinot Noir from the Willamette valley, steak and chocolate cake. It was much more fun, and tasty. This year I already have my dinner plans in advance and while Jeff golfs, one of my besties and I will dine for the first time at Blackbird in south Minneapolis. Another friend just told us about it and the menu sounds delish and inexpensive. Then we'll meet up with the boys at Hotel Minneapolis where the golf tourney ends up for cocktails, grab Jeff and head to The State Theater to see my favorite comic, Joel McHale - Host of The Soup - do live stand up. Can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment