Thursday, December 17, 2009

Thank You Baby Jesus. And Will Forte.


I noticed one little mention in my new issue of US Weekly last night that made me very happy: MacGruber, my favorite 30 second SNL sketch is being made into a movie, coming out April 16, 2010. I have no idea if it will be a funny SNL skit turned into a movie ie. Wayne's World, or a disaster starring our senator ie. Stuart Saves His Family. But I do know that I love me some MacGruber, so much so that Jeff and I have written little scripts for friends turning them into their own versions of MacGruber..our friend Logan is now MacLewGew and gets into all sorts of dorky mischief before blowing up in a hilarious way.

The US Weekly mention was about Ryan Phillippe being in this movie, which seems strange since he seems to be a super smug douche and always plays super smug douches in movies..its hard to imagine him having any sort of sense of humor, but we shall see. With Kristen Wiig in the mix as well, you really can't go wrong.

I don't know if this movie will be for everyone - I happen to have the sense of humor of a 12-year-old boy and think movies like this are hilarious. I was working from Moose & Sadie's yesterday and heard this chick say she "couldn't get through Old School and had to turn it off because it just wasn't funny" and I had to look up just to see what a completely sense of humorless person looks like. Prettymuch what you'd expect.

 And now, for one of my fave MacGrubers:

No comments:

Post a Comment