Monday, December 14, 2009

The Dazzle


 
 
 
So last night I was doing a little shopping downtown and accidentally stumbled across the Target Holidazzle Parade - A Fairytale For All. I had never really experienced The Dazzle up close in person before, but had definitely made fun of it while trying to get to various holiday parties in years past and had to wait for the floats to cross Washington. I wanted to try to see it the first year I lived in MN and we went to Brits to watch it but couldn't really see much and just wound up drinking lots of Baileys coffees and hot buttered rums - concoctions I am missing dearly this winter.

Anyhoo, I had parked in the Target lot and was heading to Saks Off Fifth but got shut out of the cozy skyway route I normally take due to the parade and was forced out onto the street where it was bitter cold, but luckily only a block to my destination. When I was done shopping I caught a bit of the parade from the skyway but got bored and decided to brave the cold once again to get back over to Target, and was confronted with holiday cheer, Minnesota style. Lots of chubbies, all bundled up to watch the floooohts go by while munching on dooooohnuts and cocooooh. Oh gash, you betchya.

I'm glad Minneapolis does this though, since the only downtown Christmas tree is inside a mall on Nicolett and 7th, which has always seemed strange to me. Next year we'll take our little guy (yes, we found out its a boy which we are very excited about!) who we are currently calling "Gus" - to be dazzled by The Dazzle, officially making him a Minnesotan. But if he grows up and wants to be one of those walking lightbulbs in the parade, we're moving straight back to Cali.

No comments:

Post a Comment