Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Weekend Highlights:




We have had a ridiculously action packed social calendar since returning from 3 weeks in SoCal over Christmas and I wouldn't want it any other way. Here's what we've been up to over the last couple of weeks:

*Taking Gus to his first modeling go-see at my friend/client's agency..he might be a teense baby model soon.

* Hosting a going away party for one of our very close friends who picked up and moved to SF last week. He just found a possible studio in our fabulous old art-deco building near Japantown, and looking at the photos its making me miss our life in SF immensely. But, life here is pretty sweet too.

* Dinner at some of our best friend's recently rennovated house to celebrate a bday and catch up with them and some of our other besties. Their son was getting dressed for hockey practice and Gus was l.iterally obsessed with the ice skates and gear..I'm afraid we may have a lil' hockey player on our hands.

* Brunch at Muffalletta with our friend who was leaving to say goodbye again.

* Relaxing Valentine's Day with my two favorite guys at home that involved a Thai yoga massage at the CBC followed by hot tub/steam/swim, crab legs with a lemon butter sauce, lots of bubbly, pink tulips and salty dog chocolate with my amazing hubby as Gus snoozed away.

* Birthday dinner for a good friend at Bar La Grassa - doesn't matter how many times we go there, I still love it and am so glad we live across the street from my favorite restaurant ever.

* Friday VDay celebration sans Gus that started at Mill Valley Kitchen for a healthy, yummy dinner, then on to the Guthrie for the incredibly done "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof" - maybe one of my favorite plays ever, then to meet friends at Marvel Bar and on to Deseo next to Sound Bar to see our friend J sing live. One of the owners of Sound Bar who's a friend introduced me to two fab new cocktails - peach Ciroc on the rocks and high quality vodka with St. Germaine. He insisted and kept them coming for free and who am I to complain??

* Outdoor beer fest at our friend's house in Wayzeta..good friends, bonfires, brats and beers outside, even in the winter, can't be beat.

* Going straight from the beerfest to our friend's bday party in South Mpls and seeing other friends we hadn't seen in a while. Busy Busy.

* Lots of workouts at the CBC where I've been doing more weight lifting and running in order to train for the Color Run, my first attempt at a 5K that will go down this July and looks pretty awesome. Of course followed by lots of relaxation in the hot tub, steam room and sauna. I love my gym. And so does Gus, every day he asks to go to the pool, so we do, as often as we can. Will attempt a yoga class tonight.

* Busy upcoming weekend with bday dinners at the new Eat Street Social and Masu, a bday brunch in our neighborhood and the Current's event Rock the Cradle at MIA with Gus and a lot of friends with kiddies.

* Our upcoming trip to SoCal - need to see my family, some green, warm sun, good friends, the ocean and chill in LA for a couple of days. So looking forward to it, although I'm not complaining about this winter, so far it's been just fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment