Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Can't Stop Listening To: Kaskade, Bringing Back The Deep Deep House...

  Kaskade - What You Are To Me (2010 Re-Master) by Kaskade

My love for Kaskade's music is no secret..I have been a fan since the first time I heard him spin at a breast cancer benefit event at the W San Francisco I hired him for in 2002. After buying his first album "It's You, It's Me" the following year and listening to it on a constant loop, belting out songs with Jeff as we drove around SF and the wine country, I was instantly hooked on his smooth, melodic brand of west coast deep house. This is one of those tracks that I loved and hearing it takes me right back to that time of going to see him and other Om Records DJs (back when he was with their label - he's now on Ultra) every Friday after work at the Om Happy Hour at Wish, where I heard some of the best music of my life. Lucky for us, we became good friends with Kaskade and his wife over the next few years and got to be his VIPs as he spun at all sorts of venues around SF from The Top to DNA Lounge to Cow Palace, and even traveled to a few places to see him spin and hang out..Montreal, South Beach, Chicago, LA, San Diego, OC, etc. He is literally one of the biggest DJs in the world now and has to play a harder set at the huge clubs he sells out, but I love that he's going back to his roots in deep house and posting some songs on Sound Cloud like this, which brings me right back to my 20s in SF, where more than a few amazingly fun times were had.

No comments:

Post a Comment