Wednesday, April 29, 2009

So glad I went to Mexico in February...

because it doesn't seem like the best idea to visit any time soon. I made it home from California alive and swine flu free. Every time I opened the LA Times (my parents may be 2 of the only people to still get the paper delivered every day and I do enjoy this old fashioned way of reading news when I'm home) they were reporting the growing number of swine flu cases in Mexico and the fact that Jay Leno was sick with the flu and wouldn't be taping his show for the first time in many years, and dear God, they'd have to air a repeat. As if the earth were ending. Which annoyed me for several reasons:
a) I hate Jay Leno .
b) I do not watch The Tonight Show thus do not care if they air a repeat.
c) I seem to be the only one to put these stories together and consider that perhaps Jay Leno has not just a regular flu but the swine flu and maybe we won't be subjected to his 10 pm show where he makes celebs extremely uncomfy by asking them about their sexual dreams in front of millions of (lame) viewers. Fingers crossed.
d) I hate Jay Leno. Seriously.

In other Swine Flu news, one of my many talented cousins, Anna Wainwright - who lives in NYC and is Rufus' aunt even though she is younger than he is (don't ask how this happened, I can barely explain it) - wrote this hilarious little gem for the Huff Post - check it out: Swine Flu and the City.

No comments:

Post a Comment