Thursday, September 6, 2012

Rooftop Bar Love: Le Bain





I was back in NY last weekend to celebrate the wedding of one of my favorite couples, and their wedding in Poughkeepsie was gorgeous and amazing, filled with love, friends, music and food - all my favorite things. When we weren't upstate tearing up the town of P, our fun little crew could be found drinking in assorted locations throughout NYC. My favorite was Le Bain, the rooftop bar of The Standard that sits on the Highline. With ridiculous views, fake grass to lounge on, deep house on the speakers and revitalizing $14 cocktails like coconut water vodka lemonade, its prettymuch the best place ever to spend a sunny Sunday afternoon. Our friends were staying there, so we went to check out their room and raid the mini-bar, then put our suits on and headed back to Le Bain to drink bubbly in the hot tub. Then we needed food, so I threw a dress on over my bikini and we had some amazing pasta in the West Village, met a random guy on the street who went to college in Mpls and had a drink with him at a smoky cigar bar, had one drink at a very crowded bar in MePa and then went back to our happy place for more rooftop cocktails and made some new friends up there as well. We just couldn't stay away. I crashed in my friends' room and headed to my flight the next morning, only realizing when I was back home in Mpls that I was still wearing my bathing suit. Which means, it was a good night in NYC. Thanks, Le Bain. We will be back.

No comments:

Post a Comment