Wednesday, June 8, 2011

MLotVL Recommends: We Need To Talk About Kevin

I just finished reading this book last night whilst drinking rose on my roofdeck on a warm summer night..good thing since the subject matter is pretty dark and chilling. It's about a fictional high school massacre, told from the perspective of the killer's mother. I saw something about it an article online and promptly bought it on iBooks on my iPhone, but couldn't remember where I had seen it. I mentioned the book to Jeff and a couple of friends who had also heard about it..and by doing a little research I just discovered why: the movie was shown at Cannes and apparently, "shocked" audiences. Given the theme of the book, this shouldn't be a surprise. The movie will star Tilda Swinton as Eva, the mom, and John C Reilly as Franklin, the dad and is supposed to come out later this year. Should be an interesting flick..I highly recommend the book, "We Need to Talk About Kevin."

No comments:

Post a Comment