Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Can't Stop Listening To: Kanye West & Bon Iver



We get the New York Times delivered to our loft every Sunday and while I always gobble up the Style section and once in a while find something to peak my interest (ie must be pop culture related) in the Arts section, the magazine is usually a total snoozefest. Even Jeff who actually reads about real news and knows about things hates it. So I was surprised to find an actual interesting article this past Sunday on the collaboration of unlikely collaborators Kanye West and Bon Iver. I have heard a lot about Bon Iver and his working with Minneapolis indie band Gayngs, but hadn't really checked out his stuff until I read this article..which is basically a kind of a smug NY writer who finds it "fer cute" that despite his fame and the fact that he could live anywhere, Justin Vernon aka Bon Iver wants to stay in the town he grew up in, Eau Claire, WI and live a simple existence. He sounds very midwestern and pretty awesome. Check it out here - his new album comes out June 21st and can be streamed on the NYT Magazine blog here starting tomorrow. Also Kanye's latest offering "My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy" is pretty good. Even though he always blogs IN ALL CAPS WHICH IS REALLY ANNOYING..I might actually buy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment