Wednesday, October 28, 2009

It Was Nice To See The Sun For One Day..

..but apparently now we're back to the lovely shades of grey I'm getting accustomed to. Yesterday was sunny with a bright blue sky and I took full advantage of the lovely fall day, even though it was on the chilly side. Jeff had to go to the Bay Area for work and I couldn't get away this week due to all my upcoming events, (plus I'm heading to SoCal in like 23 days for Thanksgiving which can't come soon enough thank you baby Jesus) so we decided to take the scenic route to the airport. We bundled up, took the roof off the baby bug and went to our favorite hiking spot along River Road..near Minnehaha Falls where the leaf color is always fantastic in the fall. We've gone on several nature walks in that area in the last couple of weeks and keep finding new trails that make you feel like you are out in the country or up at a cabin when you're actually less than 10 minutes from downtown. One of the reasons I love Minneapolis.

 
 
 
 
  
 
 
After dropping Jefe at the airport, I gassed up the baby bug - roof still off even on the freeway cuz I'm hardcore like that - put the seat warmers on high, plugged my iPod in and took myself on a little adventure to White Bear Lake. I love driving around the lake, peeping autumn leaves, and especially love the windy roads near the Pinetree Apple Orchard. I've never made the journey twice in one year before to pick up baked goods - I blame the baby I'm growing and his or her love of apple pastries. Baby was demanding more apple donuts, apple candles and really wanted to throw a pumpkin pie in the basket too - so I said, sure, why not. Already spoiling the little tyke. It's a pumpkin patch as well so I figured it would be good, and it is. I had to go back because when we went a few weeks ago it had snowed the night before and was 35 degrees. Yesterday was sunny, gorg and a balmy 60 degrees at the warmest part of the day. I still froze my arse off but at least I got some good apple pics and a few of colorful trees snapped out the open roof while driving, with eager White Bear Lakers with places to go (most likely Applebees) hot on my tail, so some are a little blurry.






 
 
 
  
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment