Thursday, February 18, 2010

Mastering The Downtown Minneapolis Skyway System

 
I've lived here for six years but it's still quite strange to me that downtown Minneapolis is all connected through a massive skyway system. Mostly filled with fast, fun and friendly Target employees in suits and badges scurrying off to their next meeting, but the few of us who live here and don't work at Target can use it too. It does come in handy in the winter, but can be a confusing maze that forces me out to the street to figure out where the f*ck I am every once in a while. I worked at a PR firm in downtown St. Paul for a few months a couple of years ago and learned their skyway system, but hadn't really gotten to know the Mpls skyway until recently. My Ob's office is conveniently located at TCF Tower, and the parking lot there is ridiculously overpriced, so I always park at the heated Target lot and spend at least $20 there on necessities (or candles) to get discounted parking...not hard to do. I've also had a few recent PR new client meetings at a Caribou somewhere in the skyway system near 2nd and 6th that took me a while to find since there are about 100 Caribous located throughout that thing. 

I'm proud to say that today I had a successful run throughout the skyway without getting lost once. I visited my Dr to make sure lil' Gus is doing well (he's fab - and right on track), Saks Off 5th to pick up a highly discounted and adorbz Alice + Olivia dress to wear to my baby shower this weekend, Cocoa & Fig to try one of their pumpkin spice cupcakes (delish) Macy's to pick up some perfume - decided on Lancome's Oui because they were offering a Free Gift so I got a ton of new make-up and moisturizers for free, Starbucks for a vanilla tea latte, and finally Target, where I always manage to spend $100, no matter what. Whew, mastering the skyway is exhausting.

2 comments:

  1. Well done, that is quite an achievement!

    Frypan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Check out my blog about art in the skyways:
    http://skywayoflove.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete