Monday, February 21, 2011

Martha Wainwright Love


Martha Wainwright sings Piaf from sylvan lanken on Vimeo.

I had the pleasure of seeing Martha Wainwright open for her brother Rufus at Orchestra Hall last fall and her acapella version of Edith Piaf's "La Vie En Rose" brought tears to my eyes..it was phenomenal. And since I'm kind of related to the Wainwrights through my cousin, who is their aunt (most complicated family tree ever, I won't try to explain it) we got to go backstage to say hello to Rufus, who I had met a few times before and Martha, who I met for the first time that night and who was fantastic, of course. So I was at a party the other night and was talking to a girl named Lucy, and told her the only other Lucy I know is Lucy Wainwright (Rufus and Martha's half-sister), also very talented, and another girl mentioned how much she loves Martha Wainwright and her latest offering "Piaf Album." Which is gorgeous and amazing. Check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment