Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Blue Door Pub Coming to Minneapolis

According to the first 3 sentences I'm allowed to see without a subscription on the Finance and Commerce website (seriously F&C? You should be happy anyone is going to your site at all..how many people do you really think are going to pay for your late breaking local finance news??), the Blue Door Pub in St. Paul is opening up at 26th and Nicolett at some point in the future. Not sure if they will be in the old Azia space or just near there..I've heard Thom Pham say he wants to reopen Azia at some point (and I hope he does) so I'm thinking maybe its going in where the old Mexican place was next to Caterpillar Lounge. Either way, this makes me happy because the only Juicy Lucy I've ever had was at the Blue Door with a friend who lives in that neighborhood in St. Paul, and it was delicious, especially paired with a cold beer. I got the basic one for my first time - American cheese stuffed into the meat patty. I highly enjoyed squeezing my Juicy Lucy, watching the cheese ooze out and proceeded to make a huge mess, but a tasty one. They have other options like the Juicy Blucy - blue cheese stuffed in a meat patty, which was featured on Diners Drives ins and Dives, but I think I need to master the basic one first before gettin all crazy like that. Which will be easier to do once they open up in Mpls. Although I do love going to St Paul and am not one of those strange people who refuses to cross the river. There are many excellent dining establishment in St. Paul and I've never been one to let a 15 minute drive get in the way of a good meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment