Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Spring Has (sort of) Sprung

I have been out enjoying the lovely warm, spring weather the past two days and have not had a chance to blog til now..sorry for the delay. It's nice to finally see some green grass under the layers of quickly melting, dirty snow that was there just a couple of days ago. Sunday afternoon, El Jefe and I took a long walk by the river where I inspected every tree for first buds forming, which always makes me happy to see, across the Stonearch bridge, through St. Anthony Main with a little break at Pracna so my prego arse could rest and snack on mini-corn dogs and gingerale and then around the entire perimieter of the new Target Field that is now open for viewing, after their grand opening on Saturday. Only 4 blocks from our loft, this ballpark is amazing, modern and right downtown. I've been to a lot of cool outdoor ballparks around the country and have to say, this is one of the best. Can't wait to get in there and see my first outdoor Twins game..its seriously going to blow Minnesotans' minds - esp if they have only experienced baseball in the Dome, which is the biggest failure and monstrosity/eye sore ever to be created. I think the people who built it/lobbied for it should be forced to live in the dome for the rest of their days - to me, its the worst thing about Minneapolis. Even the occasional freezing winter day is not as annoying as driving by that marshmellow hell known as the Metrodome. Which unfortunately now we have to live with so the stupid Vikings can play their 8 home games a year. I say, build their new stadium out in ABC Country, bulldoze the Dome and build a park there instead..but sadly I know that will never happen. At least they got it right with Target Field, and I am excited to see what new bars, restaurants, shops and all-around energy it will bring to my neighborhood. We can see the lights from our roofdeck and will be able to hear the roar of the crowd when games begin in a few weeks.

Yesterday was another 60 degree day and I was happy to drive around with the top down on the baby bug wearing only a light cashmere sweater, jeans and ballet flats. Good timing since I can barely get socks and shoes on these days, let alone warm boots. I was also happily able to enjoy my first early evening of leisure on the roofdeck chaise lounge. I brought some snacks, herbal iced tea and my bestie's incredible memoir "Never Tell Our Business To Strangers" (that I'm currently re-reading for two book clubs even though I know what happens and gobbled it up when she gave me a copy last summer.. its impossible to put down ) up to the roof with a few blankets, got cozy and settled in to read until it got dark around 8:30 pm thanks to DLS. Jefe came home with some brats and fired up the grill and we had our first BBQ of the year on the roofdeck on March 15th. Loves it. Only thing that got me to come down from my cozy roofdeck perch was my DVRed ep of "Gossip Girl." Yes, I am 13.

No comments:

Post a Comment