Monday, February 15, 2010

A Snowy Night + Fab Dinner at Lurcat = The Perfect Valentine's

 
 
 Back in October, we celebrated my birthday with a few close friends at D'amico Kitchen at the Chambers and had an okay meal..not too impressive and the service was not the greatest. In fact, our waitress managed to spill my entire virgin bellini (peach nectar and sparkling apple cider) on El Jefe - the sticky sweet drink splashed all over his face and sportcoat. They were quite apologetic and after an email reminder from Jefe, sent us a generous gift certificate, which was very nice of them. I assumed it was only for D'amico Kitchen and made a ressie there for VDay but when I looked at it again, realized we could use it for any of their restaurants, and promptly changed our reservation to Lurcat, one of our favorite restaurants in town. So, last night we highly enjoyed their pre-fixe Valentine's meal at a table for two by the window, watching the snow fall over Loring Park. So romantic. I started with the Lobster Bisque, enjoyed every last bite of a huge serving of their famous Miso Sea Bass with a side of pureed potatoes and an apple tart with Izzy's caramel and vanilla ice cream. They offer "taste" size glasses of wine - 3 oz pours are perfect for someone in my condition and I had a glass of a buttery chardonnay that was the perfect pairing. Yum - it was delicious, and a fantastic way to spend Valentine's with my wonderful hubby. And, lil' Gus enjoyed it too :)

No comments:

Post a Comment