Monday, December 21, 2009

Holiday Decorating..MLotVList Style:

I'm no Martha Stewart..in fact, I can't really stand that pretentious bitch. But, I have been busy cozifying my loft and holiday decorating up a storm, with lots of candles, lights, Christmas candies and a few new holiday knick knacks that were cheap, cute and available at Target. One plus side of "The Great Recession" (hate that name) is that Smith & Hawkin in the Galleria went out of biz a couple of months ago and my rooftop garden designer was able to snag us an indoor/outdoor firepit for about 10% of what it originally cost. We had it up on the roofdeck for a bit this fall along with all my pumpkins, apples and orange lights (that may still be there) but hadn't had a chance to use it before it was literally covered in snow.

Since it wasn't doing us much good up there I decided to bring it downstairs to use as an indoor fireplace. It just burns these cans of gel that crackle and actually make a pretty nice looking fire that even gives off a little heat. This was with only one can lit and you can put four in there at a time. My designer also snagged these (heavily discounted) lanterns and little side tables for our chez lounge up on the roof and I like how they add to the cozy corner in the wintertime.

I made another cozy little corner of lights, vases of ornaments and glittery candles..

Got some glitter covered pinecones, lots of red & white candles
and a few dishes of red and green candies..


Some cute little penguin hand towels..

Holiday candles, ornaments and a little snowman..

And voila.

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment