Monday, November 2, 2009

Mum @ The Walker

Last Thursday I managed to finagle two spots on the guest list for a concert by Icelandic live electronica band Mum at The Walker, and it was fantastic. They're a 7-piece group who all play odd little instruments to make some crazy cool sounds. They made the theater feel cozy and warm on a chilly autumn night by bringing hot tea up on stage with them, kicking off their shoes for most of the show and having people sitting on pillows in the front row. The first part of their hour and a half set was quiet - filled with lush, ethereal, beautiful songs that gave me chills. They picked it up a bit and rocked out for a few songs and ended with my favorite - Green Grass of Tunnel - as the encore song. I've posted this before but here it is again - love this song, love the video, love the Mum.


I really want to visit Iceland someday..I worked on a PR account for Icelandic Glacial a few years ago and did some research on the country..it looks breathtakingly beautiful. Some airlines even stop there on the way to Europe, so you can stop off and spend a weekend in Iceland before or after your mainland EU adventures. Pretty sweet. I will get there at some point.

 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment