Monday, November 2, 2009

Off To Bizerkeley Next Week


 
 
 
Jefe just landed a gig consulting at UC Berkeley that goes through January, and I can't say that I mind. One of the many perks of both owning our own businesses: getting out of Minneapolis in the winter as much as possible. I really do love this city, but still have a hard time dealing with the frigid temps. I'll be joining him out there next week through most of November, December and January with visits home to see friends and celebrate holidays as much as we can. I've been finding sublets on Craigslist in cute little Berkeley neighborhoods that will put us in close proximity to the Gourmet Ghetto where the famed Chez Panisse, Cheeseboard Collective and original Peet's coffee make up one delicious little area. I've always wanted to stay in the Bay Area but a little outside the city, so I think this will be a fun little adventure. And since I've spent time in the Russian River, Napa and Sonoma in autumn the last two years, now I am desperately craving a weekend there. Which will be perfect timing since our 5-year wedding anniversary is coming up in a week and a half and I can't think of a better place to celebrate, esp since we drove up the coast and landed ourselves in Napa for a mini-moon after our wedding in Laguna Beach five years ago. I'll be blogging about my foodie fun and hippie hijinx starting next week. Til then I have another week of chilly, but thankfully sunny MN days to watch the last of the colorful leaves blow off of the trees.

No comments:

Post a Comment