Wednesday, September 23, 2009

OK Mc Donald's, You Are Officially Out of Control.


Behold, a visualization of the contiguous United States, colored by distance to the nearest domestic McDonald’s. Pretty interesting - check out how the creator came to find this info out.

In general, I hate chains like Mc Donald's and Starbucks because there are waaaaay too many of them in the US and around the world, and their quality is really not good. I always favor an independently owned restaurant, cafe or coffeehouse over these corporate beasts. But, full disclosure, since being prego I have gotten strange cravings to hit the golden arches for a chocolate shake and fries, and the two times I've given in, its really hit the spot. And every so often I need a caffeine fix and Buckies is the only thing available, so I give in, feeling like a sell out with every sip. No, I am not proud to admit these things either. But, just looking at this map is going to make me fight through the craving to go get an ice cream cone from Sebastian Joe's instead of handing over any more $$ to McGreed.

No comments:

Post a Comment