Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Not Bad For A Former Diablo..


On Sunday, I was lunching on my favorite salad with Parmesan ranch, pine nuts and parmesan cheese and iced tea at Zeno, leisurely reading the style section of the NY Times with El Jefe when I came across this article on the new stud of the NFL, Mark Sanchez. Apparently he was the #1 draft pick for the the NY Jets as a glamorous/articulate/smart/hot 22-year-old QB and just landed a contract somewhere between $28-60 million. I remembered my mom talking about this very nice, talented football player she knows from being on the school board, who was a star player at USC after completing all sorts of passes and things I don't understand at my alma mater, Mission Viejo High School. Home of the Diablos. Yes, our official mascot is a cute little devil, complete with pitchfork (pictured above) that the crazy Christians tried to get changed to something less...devilish.. while I was there, but they failed. Its pretty hilarious, actually, and I will never be able to hear any kind of cheer without wanting to add a fun little D-I-A-B-L-O-S. Anyhoo, good for Mark - it will be fun to watch his career, as long as I can keep reading about him in the Style section and avoid the Sports.

No comments:

Post a Comment