Tuesday, February 22, 2011

SnOMG. Make It Stop.

Even though I spent 6 weeks of this snowy, freezing winter on the beaches of SoCal, I've gotten my fair share of snowstorms..esp since Mother Nature decided to get the party started early this year - Nov 13, our 6-year wedding anniversary, and apparently there is more on the way. And it seems impossible to avoid hearing these oh-so-clever snobrids (see what I did there?) that are now part of everyone who lives in a place where it snow's vocabulary..this article breaks it down nicely. Here are a few highlights you may or may not have heard - either way I am sick of hearing them and am ready for spring:

*SnotoriousBIG (my personal fave)
*Snowmageddon
*Snowpocalypse
*Snowverload
*Snowralysis
*Snowzilla
*Snover-reaction
*Snowlicious
*Snorm
*Snowhere near expectations
*Blizzaster
*Snownado
*Snonami
*Snowtastrophe
*Snow-pocalypse-icane-mageddon

And from Chicago, "Chicago’s Red Eye offered some creative possibilities, playing on Harry Carey’s catchphrase (“snowlycow”), an SNL skit (“DaBlizzard”), a great Chicago Bears coach (“DitkasRevenge”), and the unofficial queen of the city and universe (“Snowprah”).

No comments:

Post a Comment