Tuesday, December 8, 2009

From The Bug To The Loft


 It took some effort but we managed to get this monstrosity set up in our loft..Jeff got the lights on before he headed back to Berkeley and I finished most of it last night with the help of a very large ladder and excellent balance. I love having a Christmas tree..we always get a live one and have assembled quite a collection over the years. Our first tree together was at our swanky apt in SF in 2001 and I love busting out the cheesy little Golden Gate Bridge and Trolley ornaments that say 2001 we picked up at the wharf. Every year I try to buy a few new ones and like to pick ornaments up on trips..like the silvered maple leaf from a year-round Christmas shop in Montreal. I've got the Christmas mix on my iPod and iPhone already in rotation..including my favorite holiday song ever: Peace on Earth, by Kaskade. While he was on Om Records, he came up with the idea to write some new Christmas songs and remix some classics, and they created hOMe for the holidays - a must-have for anyone who has any sort of taste in music. Lots of other people have copied the idea since and now I hear all sorts of remixed Christmas music, but they're not as good as the original. Download it as soon as possible and start listening!


No comments:

Post a Comment