Monday, March 16, 2009

Weekend Highlights




1. A business related happy hour at Peacock Lounge that lasted about 3 hours and included several friends joining for cocktails. I kind of forget about NE Minneapolis sometimes but really like going to the Peacock Lounge, part of Erte restaurant. Need to go there more often.

2. Favorite dinner at my favorite restaurant in town - 112 Eatery: Lamb Scottadito, Shrimp w aoli, Lamb Sugo, Tres Leches and a glass or three of Malbec. Best. Meal. Ever.

3. Making breakfast with El Jefe and then enjoying the sunny, 50+ degree afternoon while lounging on the rooftop deck (with blankets), reading Vanity Fair, drinking mimos in the sun. My favorite entitled blonde stopped by for a while to drink some mimos and when we got cold we went in and ordered Ping's delivery - really hit the spot.

4. Tricky @ The Fineline. Most amazing show I have seen in a long, long time. The live electronica band was amazing, all the boys had a crush on vocalist Francesca and Tricky put on quite a performance. He even jumped down in to the audience at one point to sort of mosh with the audience to a song he wasn't performing.. They kept performing long after the first set ended, coming back to give us more of his own brand of trip-hop - a genre that he basically created and has fully mastered. If you get a chance to see him live, I highly recommend.

5. Bev's Wine Bar with Jefe and another close friend for a fabulous Russian River Pinot Noir after the Tricky show. There were quite a few people there and I'm glad as I don't want them to go out of business. With the new outdoor ballpark opening right down the street in 2010, it will be thee hotspot for a beer or glass of vino before or after the game. I love the simple design, exposed brick, white candles and DJ spinning electronica. Fantastic. And just a few blocks from my loft.

6. Brunching with good friends who seriously have the cutest baby ever created at The Bad Waitress. It was my first time there and didn't really get the whole "write down your order, go pay for it and then we'll bring it to you" concept. We waited a while for someone to bring water and/or coffee but then figured out we had to even do that ourselves. I was a waitress for many years and don't really need to go somewhere to pretend I am one again. I like the decor in there, the food was pretty average though.

7. Skiing at Afton Alps on a 56 degree day with friends. I don't like skiing enough to do it in the freezing cold, so this was perfect for me even though it was kind of like skiing in a snow cone, or on top of a frosted cake.

8. Driving to Afton Alps with the top down on my baby bug the entire way, blasting the iPod.

9. Apres ski with beers outside after 2 hours of skiing because I am a horrible skiier and hadn't gone in more than 2 years. I had to revert to my very special wedge formation - not a pretty sight.

10. Watching my DVRed from HBO "You're Welcome America, A Final Night with George W Bush." Will Ferrell is a comedic genius and I love him - this show is brilliant and hilarious and everyone needs to see it. But, its also quite sad because unfortunately while it seems unfathomable that we let such an idiot be President, and he made a mess of the entire world - we did. I was never gullible enough to fall for any of the lies the Bush Administration were spewing, but the dumbasses who voted for him let some horrible, evil people run this country for 8 years and now we are all paying the price.

No comments:

Post a Comment