Get outside your Comfort Zone at Summer 4Play
Saturday, July 30, 2016 at Fort Snelling State Park
Play with Purpose at a uniquely Minnesotan Celebration of the Summer Season featuring
Kayaking, Paddle Boarding, Canoeing, Art, Biking, Hiking, Fishing, Adult Versions of Favorite Kid Pastimes, Food Truck Picnic, music and more.
4Play is a uniquely Minnesotan celebration of the four seasons. One day each season, long-time residents and newcomers will come together to experience regional outdoor activities with a twist. We’ll provide the gear - all that’s required is you and an open mind.
• Learn the right strokes kayaking with REI
• Pick up tips and tricks to paddle board with the University of Minnesota Recreation and Wellness
• Make a push for the fastest time trial with old or new friends Wilderness Inquiry's 10-person Voyageur Canoes
• Warm up for the day of play with yoga on the big lawn
• Be a part of the Twin Cities’ largest game of freeze tag
• Experience interactive art convened by Northern Lights.MN
• Hop on a bike and explore the park with a National Park Service Ranger
• Take a hike with the U.S. Forest Service
• Chill out or play games in the camping zone hosted by REI
• Lure a catch fishing with the National Park Service
• Play adult versions of your favorite kid pastimes including tug of war and a "water breaker" balloon toss hosted by Saint Paul Hello
• Build your own snow cone with the Jeffers Foundation
• Play a pick up game of volleyball on the lawn or swim at the beach
• Eat summertime fare from food trucks on our 100-person community picnic blanket hosted by Eat for Equity and Impact Hub MSP
• Dance the day away with DJ Strangelove
Saturday, July 30, 2016
11:00 am – 4:00 pm
Snelling Lake Beach at Fort Snelling State Park
101 55111 Lakeview Ave
St Paul, MN 55120
The Twin Cities community has a strong sense of identity, history and tradition. In practice, that strength has made it a challenge for newcomers to feel connected and a part of this great place. The true Minnesota experience is the four season outdoor experience, and you need not be born in Minnesota to experience the best life has to offer here. That’s why we’re venturing into 4Play. One day every season, long-time residents and newcomers will come together to celebrate the season together – and show the world how much fun we’re having.
Presented by GREATER MSP’s Make It. MSP. initiative, Mississippi Park Connection, National Park Service, REI and Northern Lights.mn.
All activities are free and all ages are welcome, as are pets. A valid state park permit is required for all vehicles ($5 daily, $25 annual). Permits can be purchased at the Fort Snelling State Park Office. A free shuttle will run every 30 minutes from the Fort Snelling Light Rail Station (Blue Line) and the event during the event hours, and ample bike parking will be available.
Learn more at www.4PlayMSP.com or on Facebook or Instagram @4PlayMSP.