Friday, January 29, 2010

Currently Obsessed With: Kaskade



Ok, I know I am always slightly obsessed but every time I see him in person the obsession multiplies for a week or so and I don't listen to anything else - he is my favorite artist, after all. I was quite happy to get a text and FB wall post from my friend Naomi/Kaskade's wife saying he was home in The OC this week (not touring around the world as per usual) and they wanted to do lunch. Unfortunately Jeff had to fly back to Berkeley the night before so he didn't get to see them, but I had a fabulous little day catching up with the Kaskades. It included a stop at their house where he's been working around the clock on a brand new original album, and I got to be one of the first people to hear a couple of tracks that are amazing, gorgeous, addicting and extraordinary - in other words - exactly what everyone knows a Kaskade album will be. It will be released on iTunes at the end of April and I cannot wait.

I can't watch the above video from his mini-jetset tour to LA and San Diego to ring in 2010 without tearing up a little - not because I wasn't there and/or wish we had a video like this from the official 2008 JetSet Tour from LA to SF to Vegas all in one night (although I do) - but because its just so cool to see how big he has gotten over the last 8 years. I knew it would happen the first time I heard one of his sets in 2002 and am just glad the rest of the world finally realizes it - and he just continues to blow up, working with bigger people all the time. I feel very lucky that we've become friends and that I've gotten to experience being a Kaskade VIP at too many shows to count..in Minneapolis, LA, San Diego, San Francisco, Las Vegas, Chicago, Montreal and South Beach - and they've all been spectacular. I'm currently working on bringing him back to Minneapolis this summer for his first show here in 2 years - it's gonna be a good one.

No comments:

Post a Comment