Friday, October 14, 2011

Home Sweet Home.

After almost 6 fun-filled weeks in Cali, which included a fab adventure to the pools at Coppola winery, an oyster feast on Tomales Bay and much more that I'll blog about soon, we are finally back home in Minneapolis and I have to say, I'm really happy to be home. The fall colors are not as pretty yet as I have seen in previous years (took the photo above last fall) with many of the trees still green and winds blowing some of the leaves off the trees before they even have a chance to change, but I am loving the crisp autumn air, smell of wood burning fires and assorted apple treats (since I've already made it out to my favorite apple orchard for apple cinnamon donuts, Ciderdoodle cookies and cinnamon ice cream. Really looking forward to the next few weeks..Jefe will be back home tomorrow for a full week after being away for 2 months, so we have a lot of friends to catch up with. We are visiting with friends all weekend, heading to Tillia for dinner, starting my week of birthday celebrations Sunday night with Jefe's parents somewhere delicious, hosting book club Monday night (we read "The Help," which I loved), celebrating my actual bday Wednesday with a spa day at Ivy Spa and yummy dinner somewhere, perhaps the recently opened Rosa Mexicana downtown, dinner with a few friends at La Grassa followed by drinks at Marvel Bar, then prepping for and attending an annual Halloween party that is one of the best around. Can't wait to see all our peeps.

No comments:

Post a Comment