Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Foodie News Currently Making Me Happy: Haute Dish To Serve Brunch Starting March 27th

According to Dara & Co at MN Monthly "..the brunch I’m most excited about is the one chef Landon Schoenefeld is going to be serving at Haute Dish.“I’ve wanted to do brunch since the beginning,” Schoenefeld told me. “I like eggs, I was a breakfast cook for a long time.” Some dishes? “Chicken and waffles, an over-the-top hash, maybe a play on French toast. I kind of want to do the Reuben Benedict we did at Porter and Frye. I asked [former chef at Porter and Frye, and chef at soon-to-open Tilia] Steven Brown if I could, and he said go for it.” What about a bloody Mary, I asked, somewhat breathlessly. “Definitely,” said Schoenefeld. “I kind of want to make the base in the kitchen, but [the bartenders] want to make it, too, so it’s turning into a kind of pissing match. I was thinking a chicken-wing garnish. Poach them [sous vide], put a fry daddy behind the bar—if that doesn’t make you smile, there’s something wrong with you.” Hallelujah. It’s putting a smile on my face! Brunch at Haute Dish starts March 27."

Haute Dish is one of my favorite restaurants in town and lucky for me, I only live 6 blocks away. This is perfect timing as the weather will be warming up and we can walk baby G through the neighborhood for brunch there. Can't wait.

Also excited to walk to the new Masu Sushi & Robata's - sushi by Tim McKee, opening up across from Bulldog NE April 18th :) And Dara mentions that Tim McKee is now consulting at Cafeteria, so brunch there should be good too. I love their roofdeck and blood orange mimos, so the brunch scene will soon be in full bloom. Spring cannot come fast enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment