Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Currently Feeling Like A Stretched Out Blob Of Silly Putty.

Well, it's official. Thai massage is my new favorite thing in the world. I have gone to see the fantastic Thai yoga masseuse at Calhoun Beach Club a few times and knew I was a fan..its kind of like the next step after mastering deep tissue massage and I love it. I was in desperate need of some sort of massage and when I looked up "best massage in Laguna Beach," the #1 place recommended by SoCal Yelpers was Thai Body Works, which also just happens to be about 3 blocks from our sublet. The reviews on Yelp gave me a good idea of what to expect..no frills, just deep stretching, massage and body work..which is exactly what I needed. I signed up for the 90 minute combo with Thai and Swedish massage techniques and it was seriously the best I've ever had. And I've had a lot of massages. You go in to a nicely decorated, relaxing little room and lay on a mat on the floor without that round pillow to stuff your face in..you just lay down on a normal pillow with your head to the side. Right away the masseur got to work by cracking my back, kneading out all my stress with very deep tissue massage and stretching my muscles by putting me in all sorts of yoga poses I probably couldn't get in to by myself. You have to be comfortable in your birthday suit cuz there is not always a towel to cover you up. Most of the time there is..but in some of the stretches its a little tough to keep covered up. I don't really care and will do whatever it takes to get a really good massage and walk out feeling like a stretched out piece of silly putty. It was like leaving an awesome yoga sesh, but way better. The place is located right on the PCH so I could hear the waves crashing on the shore which definitely didn't hurt the relaxation process. After walking back to our sublet and finding El Jefe slaving over some freshly baked cornbread and chili that we enjoyed on the patio with some chilled sauv blanc, I slept like a baby..in the same room as my actual baby, who sleeps like a champ..loud snores and all.

No comments:

Post a Comment