Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Let The Week.5 Long Birthday Celebration Begin.

My bday is a week from today, and thanks to Spa Week, the celebration started today. I'm a Libra through and through, which according to the internets means I can be..Diplomaitic and urbane, Romantic and charming, Easygoing and sociable, Idealistic and peaceable, Indecisive and changeable, Gullible and easily influenced, Flirtatious and self-indulgent. Yup. The self-indulgent part may be why my bday celebrations always seem to last between one and two weeks and usually include some sort of travel, spa treatments, shopping for chunky sweaters and boots, several delicious meals, gathering friends together and generally livin it up throughout October, which is by far my favorite month of the year. I love fall foliage and the crisp Oct weather in MN (well maybe not the last couple of weeks, which have been quite warm and lovely) but have also spent my birthdays quite happily in NYC, Florence, Portland, San Francisco and The OC.

Anyhoo, thanks to Spa Week which is currently happening around the country through Oct 17, several spas are offering treatments for $50. I can't pass up a deal like that. So tonight, I decided to try a pre-birthday massage and facial at Revamp! in Uptown and both were fabulous, especially after hitting the Calhoun Beach Club this afternoon for a long workout, swim, hot tub and steam. I've got a few little celebrations planned over the next week and a half, including a crab legs/sparkling wine night (the perfect combo), dinner with friends at Bar La Grassa, dinner with the in-laws at Muffaletta (3 words: beer cheese soup) happy hour with friends at Nick+Eddie, dinner at 112, the Deadmau5 show at Epic (Oct 20) and a lot of hanging/leaf peepin/hiking/apple orchard/pumpkin patching with my two favorite guys. I'm a very lucky bday girl.



No comments:

Post a Comment