Friday, May 28, 2010

I'm In A Book.

And it's a pretty cool one - The CRAVE Guide Minneapolis, featuring women business owners/entrepreneurs. Most of them are probably more business savvy than me - I just didn't want to have to sit an office all day, so I started VimLab. I went to the book launch party at Cooks of Crocus Hill on Grand Ave Tuesday night and it was fab. Got there toward the end since I had to wait for Jefe to get home to hang with baby Gus, but I had time to sample a few mini-cupcakes and a basil vodka lemonade and pick up a fantastic goodie bag filled with cupcake bath bombs, chocolates and a cookie from Cocoa & Fig, one of my fave bakeries, among other treats.

Since I was already in St. Paul, I met a friend who lives in LoTo at the new Bin wine bar which was great..except that we were nibbling on an excellent cheese plate with glasses of rose and were ready to order more food, only to be told by the waiter that the kitchen had closed 15 minutes ago - at 8:30 pm. Um..its helpful to tell people before the kitchen is going to close and ask if we want to order something else before they do. Also, who closes their kitchen at 8:30?? Luckily Barrio LoTo is located right next door, so we noshed on some margaritas, guacamole and tacos. Yum - love that place.

 Anyhoo, look for the CRAVE Guide on sale at stores around town and  Check it out here.

Facebook-  http://www.facebook.com/craveminneapolis
Twitter- http://www.twitter.com/cravemsp

CRAVE minneapolis innovatively connects urban gals to the sassiest, gutsiest, most inspiring people they need to know in Minneapolis and St. Paul. Our modern marketplace of soirees, gatherings and online networking serves as your ambassador to everything there is to CRAVE about the Twin Cities.

No comments:

Post a Comment