Monday, March 8, 2010

Zach G on SNL

I don't really understand all the hype surrounding Zach Galifianakis..he was funny in "The Hangover" and a good schlubby sidekick for Jason Schwartzman on "Bored to Death" but people are like, obsessed with him. His opening monologue on SNL gave me a glimpse into his strange brand of comedy which seem to be the cause of people's obsession, so I want to check out some of his stand up specials. He is pretty hilarious. After an unusually funny monologue, the skits weren't very good - seems like the writers could have used his talents a lot better. I'm posting the few other funny sketches below, including his behind the scenes top secret beard shave to become a gay, southern pageant host - a character that has been begging to be made fun of with all these atrocious little girl pageant shows popping up on cable. Kristen Wiig as Kathy Lee on The Today Show, which on its own is almost like an SNL skit its so awful, gets me every time. I despise Kathy Lee - Kristen's impression makes her a lot more likable than she actually is. (Not that I actually watch The Today Show, but I see clips on The Soup and the producers should be embarrassed for putting that shiz on the air. And while I'm on the subject, can they please get rid of Al F*cking Roker who is possibly the most annoying person alive, and that crazy old guy who does the Smuckers Birthdays to 100+year olds?? Just..beyond.) And finally, the kind of lame but for some reason funny "What Up With That" sketch that I really only love because of the little guy in the red track suit and his hilarious dance moves.






No comments:

Post a Comment