Thursday, January 14, 2010

Sayonara Snow..Hello Hippies


 

 
I'm happy to report I am currently blogging from our charming little sublet in North Berkeley, complete with garden patio, on a gorgeous and sunny 65 degree day. Which beats snowy and 25. I was going a bit crazy in MN and desperately needed to see greenery, and take a walk without freezing my arse off, and its truly fabulous to be back here after a month.5 of MN winter. This morning I got up and headed straight the French Hotel Cafe for the best apple turnover I've found anywhere and a perfect cafe au lait, walked through the entire UC Berkeley campus and then met Jefe for a lunch of delish burgers and fries at Amanda's Feel Good Fresh Food. After waddling like I currently do all the way back to the sublet 20 blocks away somewhat exhausted from all the walking, finally showering and chilling for a bit, I am heading back out to hit the Thursday Farmer's Market for fresh produce and to dine with my hubby in this foodie haven known as the gourmet ghetto. I am feeling extremely fortunate that Jefe is currently on this project at UC Berkeley which is allowing me to escape the MN cold, and I plan to enjoy every minute of this three week adventure in Cali - my last for a while since the bigger this baby bump gets, the less I'll want/be able to fly.

No comments:

Post a Comment