Thursday, October 22, 2009

Soon I'll Live In The Gourmand Loop.



More good news for my neighborhood: Rachel Hutton of City Pages says: MSP mag reports that Landon Schoenefeld (Bulldog NE, Barbette, Tosca, etc.) is finally getting his own place:
Chef Landon Schoenfeld (sic) is leaving the kitchen at Sea Change to break out on his own. He's signed a deal with the owners of the former Cafe Havana spot and plans to open Haute Dish sometime in January. Schoenfeld gained a big rep when he created the menu for the Bulldog NE, and an even bigger rep when he threw mustard at an employee. After a few years of jumping from kitchen to kitchen, it seems he's finally getting his own. Let's see what he's got.
Woo-hoo! I love everything on the Bulldog NE menu so I'm sure this will be fantastic. Please, Chefs and Restauranteurs of MN, keep 'em coming..with the new outdoor Twins ballpark opening in just a few months, we need more independently owned foodie havens like this one and Bar La Grassa to make the North Loop complete. There are several empty spots perfect for restaurants like this one. I'd like to see some retail stores, a bakery, grocery store, nail salon, book store and ice cream cafe as well, but I'll take what I can get. Thanks, MLotVL.

Also excited about:
Trader Joe's Minnetonka - open 11/6/09
11220 Wayzata Blvd.
Minnetonka

..cuz its probably closer to my loft and I would rather go to Wayzeta than St. Louis Park to stock up on vino, cheese, hummus, home made tortillas, white cheddar popcorn, etc. TJ is the best store ever..and if you buy wine anywhere else, you are just wasting money. I wouldn't recommend the $2 Chuck..but they have a lot of of great options that are not pure sugar water for $5-10.

No comments:

Post a Comment