Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Perfection.

Last night El Jefe and I celebrated Bastille Day with a delicious happy hour at Vincent - seriously the best in town. I tried the Beef, Braised Short Ribs, Smoked Gouda Cheese Burger - by far the most delish I've had in the Twin Cities - served with the perfect fries, and only $8 during happy hour. Washed it down with a $5 champagne cocktail. Welcome to YumTown. I definitely need to make Vincent one of my new happy hour spots - it goes from 4:30 - 6:30 M-F and they offer several small plates for $4 and glasses of vino for $3.

Then for the peace de la resistance - we got ourselves to St. Anthony Main for a showing of Bruno. Not surprisingly, it is comedic perfection, brilliance and hilarity all rolled into one just- over-an-hour long movie. Go see it. As soon as possible. Seriously.

We topped it off by sharing a small bottle of smooth chilled sake at Toast wine bar on the way home in what looked like the storm of the century, but wasn't. I think the Frenchies would have approved of our gluttonous and quite enjoyable night. Our last name is French, after all. Ohjay, not Ogger.

No comments:

Post a Comment