Tuesday, April 7, 2009

A Perfect Cocktail:



A few things I did yesterday:

1. Bought an iPhone at the AT&T store downtown. Not sure how I managed to live 31 years without it - quite happy about this purchase. Except for the fact that Apple decided to make the whole ringtone situation nearly impossible to figure out and I can't get it to work.

2. Worked from Panera downtown on my laptop with a cup of English Breakfast - their coffee and food are not very good so I only get tea there, but do enjoy the classical music and free wifi.

3. Parked at the Target lot downtown, and figured to save a few bucks I would go spend $20 at Target, not hard to do.

This led to my discovery of Archer Farms Peach Italian soda, which when paired with Grey Goose vodka makes for a delightful and refreshing cocktail. I learned this after a night in the North Loop - Jeff and I hit North Loop Fitness for a workout and then went down to The Loop to catch the final college hoops game. Apparently they have a very cheap Monday night happy hour with $4 nachos, burgers and pizzas and $3 tap beers. Jeff yelled at the players on Michigan's team on the TV while I updated my contacts on my iPhone, then some friends/neighbors rolled in and we caught up with them for a bit over a few beers. The Loop on a weeknight is a much more pleasant experience than the pathetic meat-market-top-40-bridge-and-tunnel-fest it becomes every weekend.

I was planning to go home, get in my PJs and watch a new ep of "Gossip Girl" but unfortunately it was a repeat and I had to settle for the season opener of "The Hills." I needed a cocktail to deal with 45 minutes of "The Spence" as Jeff kept calling him as in "The Spence is The Spence" as we laughed at how greasy and slimy his face was while trying to hit on a bartender and then awkwardly punch his sister's ex - the Peachy Vodka goodness helped to get me through it. Heidi is possibly the stupidest person alive and if she can't figure out that Spencer is a Grade A Douche that she should get rid of stat, she deserves all her misery. And PS LC was wearing waaaay too much make up and looked heinous and about 50 years old at her b-day party when she and Heidi had their crying meltdown on the yacht. Dramz. Girls can be so lame.

And speaking of, I also caught the "Sex and the City" movie on Showtime last night, which I saw in the theater with some girlfriends but hadn't seen since. It is an entertaining show and movie, but after watching Carrie Bradshaw for 2 hours straight, I can officially say she is a highly annoying character and I don't really like or find many redeeming qualities about her, other than the fashion and living in NYC. I don't get why so many girls pretend to be her, or think they are her, or hope to become her someday. Anyone who does is just kind of sad. But with the second SATC movie already in progress, I'm sure we'll keep seeing Carrie Bradshaw clones for years and years to come. Bust out the cosmos.

No comments:

Post a Comment