Friday, April 10, 2009

Happy Hour Hopping: Eli's, Vincent, Azia






Whew, it was a busy Thursday night on the V-List - happy hour hopping all over town. Jeff had his own happy hour with ex-coworkers out in Shoreview but I kept it local, starting off at Eli's with a few friends for an excellent margarita. Keeping my vow to go there more often - it's just a great place for comfy food and cocktails. Another group of fabulous friends old and new were at Vincent, so I hopped over there to check out their extremely cheap ($3) glasses of vino and small plates that they offer every day from 4:30 - 6:30 pm. It was my first time there and I was quite impressed - will definitely have to make it a new hh staple. Then it was off to Azia for the VIP Voltage happy hour where I learned a friend can get me on the guest list, so I will definitely check it out this year. The largest assembly of hipsters I've seen in Minneapolis took over the Caterpillar Lounge last night so I'm sure Voltage will be a great place for hipster spotting. Voltage: Fashion Amplified will take over First Avenue on Friday, April 24, 2009, as the main event of Spring MNfashion Week, which will take place April 20-26, 2009.

Here are the bands scheduled to perform:

Mercurial Rage
Lucy Michelle and the Velvet Lapelles
Gospel Gossip
First Communion Afterparty
Maria Isa

And the runway designers:

2709
Allison Quinnell
Amanda Christine
Arwyn Birch
Calpurnia Peach
Carmichael Claith
Emily Weich
Ivan Idland
Maritza Ramirez
Max Lohrbach

No comments:

Post a Comment