Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Things I Learned From Watching "The Wrestler" Last Night:

1. I'm glad I don't live in a trailer in New Jersey, work at a deli in a grocery store slicing meats or hang out at dumpy strip clubs. Only classy ones.

2. Wrestling is a very strange "sport" where the moves are choreographed but the pain is real. They agree to use things like staple guns, barbed wire and broken glass on each other. Fun.

3. I will never understand people who want to watch other people beat the living sh*t out of each other and cheer them on. I think it's f-ed up. I feel the same way about horror movies. Not something I want to watch.

4. Marisa Tomei is naked in almost every movie she does. But she's got a bangin' body and is turning 45 this year, so why not??

5. Stripping is a lot like wrestling..faking it to make people believe what they want to.

6. Evan Rachel Wood is a good actress but the father/daughter relationship was a bit pointless, and her Jersey accent kind of faded in and out. I can do accents well - its really not that hard, so when actors can't seem to get it right, I get pissed.

7. It's strange to see a grown man bleaching his long hair that he wears in a bun, going into tanning beds and applying self tanning spray. If he had some press on nails and clear plastic shoes, he could be a stripper.

8. This was the first time I had ever seen Mickey Rourke act. Somehow I've missed all his previous movies. He did a really good job in this movie and in a way was playing himself. He's currently working on like 8 movies so its quite a comeback.

9. Years of hard partying will appear on your face when you are older - or at least they did on Mickey R's.

10. I'm really glad I don't live in New Jersey. Or in a trailer. And that I'm not a wrestler.

No comments:

Post a Comment