Monday, February 9, 2009

Texas Hold 'Em: Sausage Fest Edition

Saturday night we hosted a Texas Hold'em Tourney with a bunch of guys - basically it was a sausage fest, and I was the bun. I love to play and the boys don't seem to mind my presence, even if I need my cheat sheet to remember what a flush is and once in a while show them my cards after a hand to see if I would have won. Sometimes they laugh and say I had nothing, sometimes they let me know I would have won the pot. I don't play that often and am still learning all the ins and outs, but somehow I hung in there until almost the end and came in 3rd in the first game, winning my money back. But as the night went on and I had a few more cocktails, my moves were bolder and I got out quick in the second game - booze is always my poker downfall. Plus a few other buns showed up so I wanted to hang with them. Knowing how to play hold 'em is a great skill for the ladies to have though and always the time at cabins. (Photo courtesy of Your Baby Is An Asshole)

No comments:

Post a Comment