Monday, February 9, 2009

Currently Working From: Spyhouse on Hennepin

Working from home/wherever I want is a blessing and a curse. I travel a lot and can just bring my laptop along, often working from San Francisco, Soho or SoCal. And when its less than 10 degrees in MN, I stay cozy inside my loft all day wearing jammies, brewing hot tea and listening to Brazilian jazz at Cafe Lanate. But sometimes it gets a bit lonely or I start to go stir crazy and want to join the hipster Mac party, sip coffee and listen to Indie rock. So I head to a cozy, independently owned, well decorated Minneapolis wifi enabled coffee shop. There are many good ones - probably more than any other city really. Urban Bean, Butter, Spyhouse on Nicolett, Moose & Sadie's, Wilde Roast, Kitty Kat Club, Java J's, Barbette and The Tea Garden are a few of my favorite local haunts. Its not like anyone even interacts, but its just nice to be around other people. And literally everyone is on a Mac and most of the guys are wearing nerd alerts (aka glasses), which I always find funny. Today I'm on a comfy couch at the new Spyhouse on Hennepin and it might be my new favorite mobile "office." I highly recommend.

No comments:

Post a Comment