Friday, February 6, 2009

OC Must Dos:



I come home to visit my family in The OC as often as I can..especially during winter in MN. As I get closer to starting a family I start thinking SoCal might be the place I want to raise my kids - I grew up at the beach building sandcastles and going to Disneyland all the time..not too shabby. We shall see. No matter how I often I come here, there are a few things I always enjoy when I come home:

1. Green tea ice blended from Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf. Just a small one, lots of calories but SO good.

2. Double Double with grilled onions from In-n-out. The only time I ever eat fast food - totally worth it.

3. Steak tacos w cheese from Taco Factory - my first place of employment. Have not found a better taco anywhere.

4. Walking through Heisler Park in Laguna Beach during the day, and having dinner and drinks in downtown Laguna at night - the only real "nightlife" in The OC.

5. Dinner at Cafe Mimosa or El Ranchito and vino and cheese at The Cellar on Del Mar street in San Clemente - its the cutest.

6. Shopping at fashion Island in Newport Beach, outdoor mall with a koi pond and rich ladies with cat faces - fantastic.

7. Spending at least one night at the south Laguna beach house our friend lives at and takes care of - private light house and beach with a salt water pool..pretty ridic.

8. Dolphin/whale spotting - every time I've been with Jeff at the beach he sees dolphins and/or whales - he's the Dolphin Whisperer.

9. Champagne cocktails at French 75 in Laguna Beach - awesome champagne bar complete with a ceiling of cherubs popping corks.

10. Koffee Klatch in Laguna Beach - cozy, bohemian cafe with free wi-fi.

No comments:

Post a Comment