Wednesday, February 4, 2009

California Bloggin'



To all 3 of my lovely readers, my apologies for not blogging as of late..I've been busy enjoying the Cali sunshine, soaking it up while I can. So far my escape from MN winter has been a success. A few things that are making me happy about this trip so far:

1. A ridiculously easy flight on Sun Country that involved catching up on gossip mags and movies, and the fact that I left my loft at 2:30 pm and arrived at my parents house in The OC at 8:00 pm. Easy, breezy, beautiful.

2. Arriving in San Diego and literally being way too hot in my velour couture, peeling layers and taking in the palm trees at sunset. Got to the rental car place fast since my bag was the 5th one out.. and was "upgraded" to a PT Cruiser. Ew. I mean, PT Cruiser. (If you are a fan of "The Soup" - say this in the accent of Heather Mills' freaky little publicist - hilarious.)

3. Enjoying coffee, peaches, yogurt w granola and the LA Times every morning in the backyard by the pool in the sun. So SoCal. I heart it.

4. A long walk along the beach in San Clemente with my mom yesterday - so long that I got a blister from my flip flops and had to soak my feet in the ocean and give myself a natural pedicure on the rocks for 20 minutes. Nothing like dipping my banana toes in the surf.

5. In-n-out double double, fries and a Dr. Pepper.

6. Taco Tuesday with my dad - laughing hysterically when he told me about the recent assistant he fired who emailed later and called him a "fart in the wind."

7. 2 bottles of red wine and chocolate with my OC bestie..smoking menthols on her patio and reminiscing about the insanely fun and crazy times we had in San Francisco.

8. Dinner tonight with hilarious crammsters/friends at Cafe Mimosa in San Clemente - we went there for brunch last time and enjoyed blueberry, boysenberry and pomegranate mimos, fabulous food and home made pistachio gelato. Dinner should be even better. And there's an amazing wine bar called The Cellar across the street we will have to hit up of course.

9. Catching up with my oldest friend who I've known since age 4 - she lives in Iowa and arrives in The OC tomorrow, we'll head straight to Laguna Beach and have the time. She and her hubby just went to the inauguration and I can't wait to hear all about it.

10. 80 degrees and sunny.

No comments:

Post a Comment