Monday, November 1, 2010

I Heart My Hood.



Currently happy about a few developments in the North Loop neighborhood:

*North Washington Cafe is replacing Java J's at the end of November and I hear they'll have a much more extensive food menu, coffee, beer & wine, use the cool little alley for seating and be more loungey at night. Since its a block from our loft, I'm sure we'll go there often.

*Random sunsets, we always get good ones and I love snapping photos of them while out on walks or from our roofdeck.

*New playground on River Road just a few blocks from our loft. I've walked Gus over there a couple of times but he's always been asleep so we haven't tried out the baby swing yet, but will at some point. Its pretty fancy.

*Lots of people having babies in the neighborhood, living in lofts and loving their urban experience. Despite what many people think, you do not need to go to the burbs to have kids. I love being able to walk my little urban baby to the library, the park, along the river, shopping downtown, the grocery store, coffee shops, restaurants, the Mill City Farmers Market, Guthrie, etc. It's the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment