Monday, January 10, 2011

Greetings From Lovely Laguna Beach.












 I love my life in Minneapolis, I really do. I love my friends, my loft, the work I do, the restaurants, the quality of life and much more. But, being a SoCal native, I really don't like January in Minnesota. For the last couple of years, Jeff has taken gigs in other cities so we could escape the winter for a bit, which has been fantastic..and this year since he is working on several projects remote and I can do VimLab from anywhere, we decided to sublet a place in Laguna Beach. Gus is 9-months-old - prettymuch perfect, hilarious baby age, and I wanted my OC based family to get to spend more time with him during this time, while escaping the winter. We've wanted to leave for all of January since we moved to MN but this is the first year all the stars have aligned and its worked out. While we've had a few MN friends make comments like "must be nice.." as if this just happened, we are proud of the fact that we've worked hard and set our lives up to be able to do things like this. It wasn't by accident. Both owning our own businesses definitely hasn't been easy and we've made gambles, spent time apart and struggled a bit to get to this point.
But spending this month in Laguna Beach kind of makes it all worth it. We found an amazing place to sublet on vrbo.com..3 blocks from the beach with an ocean view, one comfy bedroom with a crib, full kitchen, nice hang out/read/watch TV area and fantastic little patio where I have my coffee every morning looking up at the palm trees swaying in the breeze. We've only been here 4 days but already feel like Laguna Beach locals. I take Gus for a long walk every day..to the nearby park to go on the swings and play in the sand with other babies, to the coffee shop (working from my favorite one - Koffee Klatch right now as a matter of fact), to downtown Laguna Beach one mile away for lunch at one of the cute cafes, down to the water where he can crawl around and play in the sand and back through the neighborhood back home to see daddy, watch the sunset over the ocean, cook dinner or walk to one of the nearby restaurants with our OC friends. Prettymuch a perfect way to spend January.

1 comment:

  1. That's awesome! Good for you.

    I curse Minneapolis each Winter, but as soon as it starts getting nice out (Spring), this city changes DRASTICALLY and I wouldn't want to be anywhere else.

    Enjoy the nice weather! It's f#cking miserable here...

    ReplyDelete