Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Baby G Visits: Pine Tree Apple Orchard












He slept through the entire adventure, but I'm sure we'll visit again this season, because Pine Tree Apple Orchard in White Bear Lake is one of my favorite places to go in the autumn. I love driving the winding, red and yellow tinged tree lined roads to get there, with the top down and heated seats on, taking photos out the roof. I love walking around the apple orchards and into the gigantic pumpkin patch that reminds me of Cinderella, and especially love their apple bakery, filled with the yummiest apple treats you can imagine, including but not limited to: apple cinnamon donuts, apple pie, apple turnovers, ciderdoodle cookies, apple coffee cake and cinnamon ice cream. Last year while prego, I went there at least three times to stock up on baked goods, and might just do the same this year. Although I do want to check out some different apple orchards when we actually get in to October since I've already visited two and its still September. My friends visit one in Stillwater where they serve apple wine so we may have to check that out as well, and I know there are a few in Minnetonka. So far it seems like it is going to be a fantastic foliage season. I really love the fall, just wish it could last 5 months instead of 1.

No comments:

Post a Comment