Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Rufus Wainwright @ Orchestra Hall, Mpls - Wednesday, August 11th

Earlier today, I was excited to learn that Rufus Wainwright just kicked off his tour in Philly, after I saw his aunt Sloane Wainwright post this article on FB. 

Of course I immediately looked on his website to see when he was scheduled for a show in Mpls and saw that I only have to wait a week - he'll perform at Orchestra Hall next Wednesday. Martha Wainwright will perform from 8-8:30pm followed by a 15-minute intermission. Rufus will perform his new CD, All Days Are Nights: Songs For Lulu from 8:50-9:45pm, followed by a 20-minute intermission. He will return to the stage and perform a selection of favorites from 10:05-11pm. Sounds perfect to me. I'm related to him through marriage in a strange way - basically my cousin is his aunt even though she is 10 years younger. Jeff and I have both been huge fans for years and have gotten to see him perform live several times in San Francisco, Minneapolis and LA and meet him briefly after a few shows - the last time I said hi was at an after-party for his Judy Garland show at the Hollywood Bowl at Carrie Fisher's house where Jake G almost fell on me, I was thisclose to teense doll of a person Reese Witherspoon and David Geffen whisked Rufus away in the middle of our convo. Apparently you don't mess with the Geffen. Every show is spectacular - I highly recommend checking it out. You can get tickets here.

No comments:

Post a Comment