Friday, October 9, 2009

Welcome To The Neighborhood: Ginger Hop & Bar La Grassa


 

I have a bad case of the sickies this week - a horrible cold I somehow picked up from some germy Masshole in Boston last weekend, as did Jeff and several friends I was hanging with. I've been pretty happy just chillin in my robe, drinking herbal tea and catching up on all my favorite DVRed shows all week. But I have managed to leave my cozy loft a few times..mostly to go watch the Twins games and cheer along with friends and random strangers at The Loop and The Bulldog.

Yesterday all I wanted was a big bowl of Pho, so Jefe and I decided to try the new Thai restaurant in our hood: Ginger Hop from the owners of Chiang Mai Tai, that just opened in the old Times Cafe space. They are also creating a DJ Cocktail Lounge called Honey in the space formerly known as Jitters soon. I'm happy about this because we have like, zero ethnic food in the Northloop/NE walkable area and sometimes I just want some spring rolls and Pho. Luckily they have an incredible happy hour from 4;00 - 6:00 pm with specials on all sorts of little appetizers for $2 and $3, plus beers like Saporo on tap for $3. It's almost ridiculous, and I plan to go there as much as possible. Thai food I can walk to is my kind of place. We also took a little stroll around Nicolette Island to see the leaves changing and although it was kind of chilly, it was gorg. Love it over there.

Bar La Grassa also opened this week in the old Babalu space, literally across the street from my loft. I am waiting til next weekend to go there with friends to celebrate my birthday, so will have a review then. Pretty sure its gonna be amazing though - the chef from 112 Eatery and owners of La Belle Vie combining forces and opening a restaurant steps from where I live? I think its a win win.

No comments:

Post a Comment