Monday, June 22, 2009

5 Reasons/Excuses Why I Haven't Posted Anything In More Than A Week..

I was...
Taking in the incredible views from the top of the New York Times building and snapping lots of photos - where else can you get the Chrysler Building and Empire State in the same shot?? Don't ask how I got up there..I just did. And it was awesome.
Sipping cocktails on the rooftop of Soho House where one of our sassiest friends is a member.
Checking out the incredible new Highline park that goes from the Meatpacking District to W24th St..used to be train tracks and a bunch of architects and designers got together and created a little garden paradise in the heart of the city. Things like this are what make
New York City one of the best in the world.

Lounging in a lawn chair set out by the City every day on a block of Broadway right in the heart of Times Square, totally closed to traffic, just a nice spot to sit for a bit and let the craziness of New York surround you - this was a genius idea and I highly recommend it.
Listening to Loudon Wainwright III, his sister Sloane Wainwright and daughter Lucy Wainwright Roche perform a free concert in Madison Square Park. I am sort of related to all of them and have become a huge fan of these extremely talented singer songwriters, and Loudie's incredibly talented son, Rufus Wainwright. Amazing show - and the icing on the cake was we got to go to dinner with all of them at Tamarind in the Flat Iron District, the best Indian food I've ever had, bar none. Sadly they couldn't fit us all together at one table, so Jefe, my sister and I had to sit at our own, but it was fun - and delicious - nonetheless.

And that was all in a 24 hour period. It was a busy week that took me from New Jersey to New Rochelle to Boston, so I hope all 3 of my readers will forgive me for not blogging in a while..will have more posts coming soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment