Wednesday, March 18, 2009

The Blarney Bus




We survived the weeknight Blarney Bus for St. Patty's Day in St. Paul - managing to keep it pretty mellow since we all had to work today. A few things I learned:

1. I always wind up wearing a really stupid hat and a lot of beads, no matter how lame I look. It's just more fun to be dressed up, and look as dumb as everyone else.

2. Guys really enjoy wearing fake boobs around their necks.

3. Our cruise director, Mikee D (photo 3) managed to put green lights up in the bus, powered by a battery. Coupled with a glow in the dark green necklace fight, the bus became Club Blarney for a bit.

4. Every single bar was packed to the gills - didn't think that many people would be out and about. Apparently it is spring break and the kiddies like to drink.

5. The fatties were out in full force - everywhere I turned: fatties. Many of them were poured into festive, ill-fitting green garb. I felt extremely skinny compared to most people I saw, but know that will end in exactly one week when I am in South Beach where everyone has a perfect bod, and likes to show it off with the least amount of clothing possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment