Tuesday, October 19, 2010

The Acutal B-Day.

Although the celebrations started last week, today is my actual bday and I have the Facebook wall to prove it. It's currently at an almost ridiculous 70 happy birthday wall posts and counting, from an assortment of fabulous friends from all different walks of life - high school, college, bridesmaids aka besties for life, San Francisco friends, besties for life I've met in MN, DJs, househeads, friends I've met through VimLab, bookclub ladies, etc,  I am feeling quite celebrated after an incredible day. It's kind of strange to have a birthday right after seeing The Social Network just a couple of days ago. I doubt Mark Z thought about the way he would change birthdays and make people feel special in a new way when creating that feature, and yet, the socially awkward, friendless uber nerd a hole managed to do just that.

I've had some pretty epic birthdays but today was the best one of all, because its the first one I got to spend with my sweet, amazing, adorable baby Gus. And he just makes everything better. His smiling face is prettymuch the best thing in the world to wake up to, and after our usual morning snugglefest we went downstairs, made coffee and breakfast with Jefe, hung out for a bit, then went to lunch at Barrio. It was delish, as always, I really love that place. Had some chips, guac, salsa, jicama salad, chicken enchilada and sparkling sangria. Then Gus and I headed off to the Calhoun Beach Club where I dropped him at the nursery and headed straight to the locker room for an hour deep tissue massage, followed by a steam, hot tub, swim, shower and some time on the comfy couches drinking tea and reading the NYT in my robe. We headed home, hung out for a bit on the roofdeck and then walked to Nami for an awesome sushi dinner. All in all, a fantastic day, with more celebrations to come with different friends, every night this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment